WestLand Resources Inc., is actively seeking an experienced biologist to support our environmental consulting practice. WestLand specializes in the technical and procedural requirements necessary for compliance with the National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA), the Clean Water Act, and the Endangered Species Act. Our biological resources practice includes: development of natural resources management plans; conducting ecological investigations and base-line studies; and mitigation planning, design and implementation. The successful candidate for the position of Senior Biologist may be in the field 15% or more of the time, depending on client needs.
The Senior Biologist will be expected to contribute to project planning, manage and train field crews on sampling and survey techniques, lead biological field studies, manage, analyze, and interpret data and statistical analysis, and to provide assistance for the development of conservation and mitigation measures for potential adverse impacts to biological resources. This position is expected to write reports in an efficient and effective manner while working closely with the Director of Natural Resources, project managers, and other team members.
* M.S. or higher degree in Biology/Ecology or related field. A Bachelor's degree with additional experience will be considered.
* Expertise in one or more disciplines, such as vertebrate zoology, botany, or aquatic biology, etc., through coursework or experience.
* Excellent writing and oral communication abilities.
* 5+ years experience and demonstrated ability working in biological resource surveys, inventories, and analyses strongly preferred.
* Experience with U.S. Federal and State regulations preferred.
* Ability to navigate physically in a desert environment, exposed to extreme temperatures and rough terrain.
* Experience in the southwestern United Stated preferred.
At WestLand, our purpose is to sustain a friendly, inspired company, where dedicated people work together to create exceptional outcomes. We pride ourselves on providing a work environment that is relaxed and collaborative, while supporting the highest standards for project delivery and work product quality. Our team approach to both project and staff development naturally fosters a tight-knit environment of uniquely skilled and experienced professionals, learning from and helping one another.
Westland is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We invite applications from all interested parties including women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
To learn more about WestLand Resources, please visit our website at www.WestLandresources.com
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Associated topics: bio, bioengineering, bioinformatics, biology, biostatistics, immunobioengineering, metabolism, neurobiology, stem cell, virus