Avanos is a medical device company focused on delivering clinically superior breakthrough solutions that will help patients get back to the things that matter.
Headquartered in Alpharetta, Georgia, Avanos is committed to creating the next generation of innovative healthcare solutions which will address our most important healthcare needs, such as reducing the use of opioids while helping patients move from surgery to recovery.
Avanos develops, manufactures and markets its recognized brands in more than 90 countries.
This role provides project management, equipment design, optimization, automation, and engineering technical leadership to the SCMP organization. Responsibilities include delivering on project objectives, providing technical and project management guidance to others, and leading continuous improvement strategic initiatives focused on improving team and company performance. This individual is a recognized electrical or mechanical technical expert, possesses high standards of professional performance, displays vision and demonstrates both personal and organizational sensitivity. The role communicates directly with project sponsors in defining project scope and providing project status updates. The Engineering Technical Leader reports to the Engineering Team Manager and receives direction in the form of broad project and initiative objectives. This position can be located either on our headquarters in Alpharetta, Georgia or our Facility in Tucson, Arizona.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Provides leadership and collaboration within a cross functional team during the execution of projects.
* Manages the day-to-day operational and tactical aspects of multiple or large-scale projects.
* Manages scope and mitigates risk across projects.
* Prepares and manages budgets and schedules related to projects.
* Effectively achieves results that meet business and individual objectives.
* Provides technical expertise in the design, development, and construction of production processes and equipment as well as providing guidance in these areas to others within the organization.
* Provides leadership for process optimization
* Guide teams on development of next stage of processes
* Create and approve technical drawings
* Serve as a problem-solving resource for team members
* Leads one or more strategic initiatives to drive continuous improvement of team and company performance.
* Completes all work in a safe manner consistent with Avanos safety & quality protocols.
* Manages multiple external partners (i.e. Engineering Service Providers, Equipment vendors, etc.)
* Is flexible on work hours and travel required to support global customers.
* Bachelor's degree in engineering or a related major scientific discipline from an accredited college or university; continuing self-development, and/or progress toward advanced degree in related field preferred.
* Minimum of 8 years of experience in a variety of technical and operational assignments.
* Experience and expertise with medical device products, procedures, and processes.
* Proven success on managing large technical projects.
* Experience integrating manufacturing process within FDA environments.
* Experience using SolidWorks for 3D design.
* A demonstrated ability to work independently or as part of a team to complete projects within required timeframes.
* Ability to 25% travel on average, some international; up to 75% during peak project work load periods or a manufacturing or supply crisis.
* PMP certification
* Bi-lingual skills; Spanish is strongly preferred.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* Experience working with global teams.
* Manufacturing experience in a plant assignment.
* Knowledgeable in safety regulations including OSHA, ISO and NFPA.
* Experience with 3D printing.
The statements above are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this classification. Statements are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and skills required for this position.
AVANOS is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Make your career count
Our commitment to improving the health and wellbeing of others begins with our employees through a comprehensive and competitive range of benefits. We provide more than just a salary our Total Rewards package encompasses everything you receive as an employee; your pay, health care benefits, retirement plans and work/life benefits.
401(k) + 6% match | immediate vesting | benefits on day 1 | uncapped sales commissions | HQ region voted 'best place to live' by USA Today
Join us at Avanos
Join us and you can make a difference in our products, solutions and our culture. Most of all, you can make a difference in the lives, people, and communities around the world.
Associated topics: care, clinic, family practice, family practice physician, physician md, physician md do, practitioner, primary care, provider, urgent